Like all interviewers, Molly is prepared to ask 1000 questions. But, there is a series of common questions that you will be asked during most interviews. Practicing positive answers to these questions will help you be successful during your next interview.
Click each of the links below for a list of these common questions and example responses that interviewers want to hear.
Questions about Work History »
Questions about You »
Questions about the New Job and Company »
Questions about the Future »
Questions about Work History
Questions about the New Job and Company
Questions about the Future
What are your goals for the next five years? Next ten years?
- I’d like a job that I enjoy and do well and that will let me support myself.
- I’d like to go back to school, in addition to working, and take some classes to help me get a job in management.
How do you plan to reach those goals?
- I noticed that your company has an excellent training program and I would like to take additional classes to help me achieve my goal.
- I plan on gaining additional skills by taking classes and continuing to volunteer in my community outside of work, to strengthen my skills.
What are you hoping to get paid? Both short term and long term?
- I am looking for a job that is a good fit for me and that I can advance in. I would only like my salary to be fair for the job requirements.
- My salary requirements are flexible, but I would like to receive what is fair.